Don’t get caught out in the cold Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois! Stop by Last Chance Auto Repair today for a FREE winter inspection.
Our team aka automotive repair shop, cares about our current and our soon to be customers to say the least. Because of this we are currently offering a complimentary, hence FREE winter vehicle inspection w/any paid service, no coupons needed, to ensure your safety and your vehicles longevity (don’t break it, maintain it).
Free Winter Inspection
Our Chicagoland winters get a little chilly. Do you want to chance a car breakdown on an ice cold day? Cold winter weather sub-thermal or not can transform a smooth running vehicle into a problematic headache overnight. From an engine, transmission, radiator to a battery, heater or tires, some vehicle components develop an allergic reaction to the cold, don’t let it happen to you. Don’t break it, maintain it at Last Chance Auto Repair.
Preventative maintenance applies to a vehicle regardless of the temperatures outside. Don’t get a battery check or a multi-point inspection that is all FREE with any paid service including our oil changes. Trust the local, go-to for all your automotive service needs, one stop shop, service exerts over at Plainfield’s Last Chance to help provide the cost effective solutions to keep you safely on the road all winter long.
9 Winter Car Maintenance Tips
• Always use the proper oil & filter.
• Inspect your battery periodically.
• Examine your vehicle’s belts & hoses.
• Keep up on tire wear & pressure.
• Flush/Change your coolant as needed.
• How are your wiper blades looking?
• Be prepared in case of an emergency.
• Know who to call for towing near me.
• Where is the best auto repair near me?
Car Winterization Near Me
Last Chance Auto Repair For Cars Trucks has been winterizing vehicles for Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland plus beyond since 1978 for many reasons.
Why do I need to winterize my vehicle?
• Oil tends to thicken as the colder temperatures come along. You should always check your owner’s manual for guidance about which oil to use in different temperatures. It will help your engine run smoothly and conserve on fuel. At the low-temperature end, oil has to be resistant to thickening so that it flows easily to all the moving engine parts.
• Good wiper blades are crucial for safe winter driving. When is the last time you replaced your windshield wiper blades? A lot of popular brands typically last for about a year. Wiper blades can’t live without wiper fluid. Make sure to always keep your windshield washer reservoir filled up with the proper windshield washer fluid type. Improper fluids may freeze, cause vision issues as you drive may only make things worse. Don’t just simply add water! Water will freeze at 0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
• You must make sure your battery posts and connections are corrosion-free and that your battery has all the water electrolyte mixture it needs. In most cases you want to change your battery ruffly every four years as preventive maintenance. Better safe then freezing.
• Have you ever seen a dry rotted engine drive belt? It happens all the time, eventually they all break. That is a quick way to get stranded. Cold and heat makes things expand and contract. Broken fan belt equals over heat which equals you stranded in the cold wishing you believed in preventive maintenance. You break it we’ll fix it.
• Proper tire pressure equals saved money, saved gas in the long run period. Conserve the life of your tires, why waste money. Proper pressure is key to long life tires. Who wants to waste money? Properly inflated tires help ensure you’ll have the best possible traction.
Winter Auto Repair Service Shop | Plainfield Naperville Bolingbrook
• Four Wheel or Awd drive automobiles, make sure everything is maintained accordingly and in good working order to help ensure safety. Most drivers don’t use their 4WD systems especially in the pleasant summer months of driving. This is where issues may develop.
• Engine cooling systems of today typically require a 50/50 water to product mixture. To prevent the mixture from freezing at ridiculously cold temperatures. Do you want to crack a vital component and pay costly bills that could of been prevented with preventive maintenance?
• What happens if there is an emergency? Are you prepared? Who are you going to call? Have a plan ready just in case something does happen. You should store stuff in your trunk during the winter months just in case. A blanket, some warm extra clothing. Better warm than cold?
• AAA, tow trucks, roadside assistance, insurances companies, have their numbers handy just in case. Don’t wander away from your vehicle unless you are certain of your location. Always try to stay warm. Flares sometimes will help people see you better on the side of the road.
• It’s better for you plus your pocket to have an auto repair shop give your vehicle a complete look over before the winter actually hits. Check yearly your tire pressure on your spare. Check all your filters, maintain properly, fuel filters capture moisture and will freeze. Even the most meticulously maintained vehicles can develop problems on the road.