Top Suspension Repair Shop In Plainfield Near Me
Need a suspension repair shop near me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Chicagoland, you can trust & afford? Our suspension repair shop has been serving the local area plus beyond since 1978. Offering quality, cost effective, suspension repair & service solutions that you can count on.
Searching for a suspension repair shop near me? Suffering from a suspension problem but not sure where to go? Suspension shop Last Chance Auto Repair in Plainfield is the local suspension shop expert that you’ve read and heard so much about. You found us, now give us a call at 815-577-0327, schedule an appointment and consider your suspension service needs done.
Suspension Shop Near Me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Chicagoland Illinois
Need struts & shocks replaced? Due for a ball joint replacement? Is your control arm bent due to a unforeseen curb check? Looking to install a suspension lift on your truck? Are your tires wearing funny? Call our suspension shop today!
Local suspension expert Last Chance Auto Repair, has you and all your suspension needs covered. All makes & models, domestic & foreign, vehicles A-Z. Do you know what is going on with your suspension? If not no worries, will look at it for 100% FREE of any charges (in most cases) w/any paid service.
Suspension Shop In Plainfield You Can Count On
Ball Joint, Tie Rod, Sway Bar, Control Arm, Shock, Strut, Replacement Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, IL
Your vehicle’s suspension system helps keep your tires on the ground and your vehicle under control. Any suspension problem should equal a suspension repair ASAP. Suspension problems can potentially put you and others safety at risk. Our suspension shop in Plainfield has you and all your suspension: ball joint, tie rod, sway bar, control arm, shock, strut, service needs covered A-Z.
Shocks – Have you been noticing your car’s ride becoming more and more bouncy by the day? You may be in need of new shocks. Shocks allow a vehicle to absorb or isolate road shock hence the energy, impulses or shocks from entering your passenger compartment. Have a question about your shocks? Need to schedule a shock replacement service? Call our suspension repair shop in Plainfield, IL, today!
Struts – Need a strut replacement near me in Plainfield, IL? Car struts are like shock absorbers, they support and stabilize a vehicle’s frame and body. Almost identical to the purpose of the shocks mentioned above but designed a little bit different. The average life of a strut before it starts deteriorating is roughly 50,000 miles or so. Worn out struts will diminish stability and reduce driving control which all are tied into the safety factor of your vehicle. Need new struts near me? Call the local strut expert hence our Plainifeld suspension shop to make an appointment and or for a free strut replacement cost estimate today.
Tie Rod – Need an inner, outer or an inner & outer tie rod replacement near me? Your vehicle’s tie rods are part of your steering system. This part connects your steering gear or rack and pinion to your steering knuckle otherwise known as a steering spindle. As a tie rod goes bad you may hear a little knocking sound coming from your front end and or you may even feel a little slop in your steering wheel when turning from side to side. Does your vehicle require an inner or outer tie rod or 2 replaced? Call Plainfield’s top suspension shop now, we have you covered.
Ball Joints – Are you sitting on the side of the road due to a broken ball joint looking for a suspension repair shop near me? Ball joints are spherical bearings that connect the control arms to the steering knuckles. When a ball joint starts going bad they typically produce a clunking (noise, feel) from the front end whenever you hit a bump or pothole. Worse case, they will break and leave you stranded. A ball joint consists of a bearing, stud and socket enclosed in a case. Don’t forget the grease that acts as a secondary absorber & friction reducer which is critical to a long healthy life. Are your ball joints worn out and due for replacement?
Control Arm – Need a suspension repair shop in Plainfield to replace a control arm(s)? A vehicle’s control arm connects the wheel hub & steering knuckle to the frame of the vehicle. They are attached to the frame or body through flexible rubber bushings, called control arm bushings. Control arm bushings over time dry rot, deteriorate, and need to be replaced. These bushings allow a control arm to move up and down as the wheels roll over bumps & potholes. The outer portion of a control arm contains a ball joint, which is either bolted or pressed into the control arm. Suspension repair shop Last Chance Auto Repair, has you covered regardless.
Sway Bar – Is your sway bar broke? Your vehicles sway bar, anti-roll bar, aka stabilizer bar, is a part of the suspension that helps reduce the body roll effect produced during fast cornering or over road irregularities and imperfections. A sway bar links the right side and left side of a vehicle which in return acts as a torsional spring that resists body roll and keeps your tires planted during launches and maneuvering. Need your sway bar replaced? Our Plainfield suspension shop has you covered. Call the local suspension expert today to make an appointment!
Stabilizer Link – Did someone tell you that you have a broken sway bar end link? A stabilizer link aka a sway bar end link connects your sway bar to your lower control arm(s). Have you been noticing a clunking when your car hits a bump? It might mean that your sway bar end link(s) is broke. Sometimes your sway bar end link bushings go bad before the link breaks. These bushings come in rubber & polyurethane. Need some sway bar end links replaced? If you’ve been looking for best suspension repair shops near me and you are reading this, the choice is clear.
Suspension Shop Last Chance Auto Repair
You brake it, we’ll fix it, domestic & foreign suspensions A-Z, but don’t break it, maintain it over at Last Chance Auto Repair.
Servicing Domestic Vehicle suspensions including: Buick, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn, Corvette, etc.
We also service Foreign Vehicles suspensions including: Honda, Acura, Toyota, Infinity, Nissan, Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Saab, Volvo, Land Rover, Porsche, Lexus, Scion, Smart, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Mitsubishi, KIA, Suzuki, Volkswagen, etc.
Is your suspension sagging, rattling, leaking, shaking, due to a failure, accident, or lack of maintenance? Do you need some more performance out of your suspension? These are reasons why people bring there vehicles to us hence the local suspension expert. How can we help you? Want to schedule an appointment? Call now, later, 24-7!
Suspension Repair Shop Near Me
Your vehicles suspension system isn’t only important for safety reasons but also to enhance the comfortability of the ride. Many improvements in vehicle suspension systems over the years has increased strength & durability of suspension components. Advances in suspension design & construction have made large contributions to riding comfort, safety & driving control year after year. Are you due for a suspension service?
Looking for a suspension repair shop near me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois? If you don’t care about the best, you have plenty of options to choose from. If you want the best suspension repair shop near you, that includes a cost effective solution, you’ll have to call the best. Give our team a call now and let us show you what the best is all about.
Local Suspension Repair Expert Near You
Your vehicle’s suspension is meant to maximize friction between your tires & road surface. Which provides you with steering stability, which equals good handling, safety & added fuel economy. If your vehicle is suffering from a suspension problem it is not something that is going to fix itself and is crucial to get it rectified ASAP.
Suspension Repair & Service FAQ’s
A rough riding car is one of the first tell-tale-signs that a suspension is in need of some love. But other signs may also include: vehicle drifting or pulling during turning, nose diving or dipping when coming to a stop, tires wearing unevenly, shocks/struts showing signs of leakage and then don't forget about the nearly famous "bounce test".
Your vehicle's suspension system includes: tires, the air in the tires, springs, shock absorbers & struts, inner tie rods, outer tie rods, control arms, ball joints, sway bar, stabilizer links, wheel bearings, bushings, etc.
Last Chance Auto Repair Plainfield, IL, is the #1 local suspension shop for a reason. Those reasons include the latest suspension tools, equipment, technological knowledge and highly trained suspension mechanics, which in return allows us the ability to service suspensions on most domestic & foreign vehicles. Mix that with our superior award winning customer service, low cost & quality guarantee, there is no competition.
Questions pertaining to your vehicle’s suspension system? Call 815-577-0327 now to schedule an appointment or stop by our suspension shop near me located over at 12052 S Naper Plainfield Rd Plainfield, IL 60585 and say hello!
About Plainfield, IL
The village of Plainfield is located in Will and Kendall counties, Illinois, located in the United States. The population in 2010 was roughly 39,581 and as of 2022 has grown quite a bit to an estimated 44,980. Plainfield is the 33rd largest city in Illinois and the 877th largest city in the United States.
• Population: Approximately 44,980
• Longitude/Latitude: 41.6322° N, 88.2120° W
• Zip Codes: 60585, 60544, 60586
• $130,614 Median Household Income (Highest in Illinois Pop. > 40k)
• The majority of Plainfield is located in Will County. Some of the village limits that extend West are in the Eastern part of Kendall County. Plainfield is bordered to the North by the city of Naperville, to the Northeast the village of Bolingbrook, to the East the village of Romeoville, to the South the city of Joliet. Not to mention a hop, skip & jump away from the city of Chicago.
• Downtown Plainfield - Located along Lockport Street on both sides of the DuPage River, Plainfield's downtown region is filled with shops that offer fine dining & art, bars, dancing, clothing, desserts, sporting goods and anything and everything in between.
• Beautiful Lake Renwick Preserve - The Lake Renwick Preserve is a protected 200-acre lake that includes a wetland habitat. The wildlife that can be found here includes a variety of bird species, such as blue heron & great egrets. Structures have been built on islands within the lake to provide nesting opportunities for the birds aka a bird watchers dream come true.
• Cruise Nights - Plainfield's Cruise Nights is car show that takes place from early June and goes through late August on a weekly basis. It is one of if not the many popular and looked forward to summer traditions that takes Place in Downtown Plainfield.
• Settlers’ Park - Settlers’ Park is a 20-acre or so park located directly behind the local Plainfield village hall. This park was landscaped in an eye pleasing fashion to lure people in from the downtown shops, bars, restaurants and local neighborhoods.
• Melissa McCarthy (born 1970), is an actress, comedian, producer, writer & fashion designer born in Plainfield, IL. One of her most notable and remembered aspects of her career thus has has to be her part in the big, raucous bridesmaid in the movie Bridesmaids.
• Kapri Bibbs (born 1993), an NFL running back (2014–2016) that was raised in Plainfield. Started off playing at Plainfield North High School on the varsity football team. Then moved on to the pro's where he (the team) won Super Bowl 50 while playing with the Denver Broncos.
• Father Alexander Ratiu (born 1916), was a Romanian-American priest of the Romanian Greek-Catholic Church, a political prisoner, and later, after his release, an author. He served as a pastor in both Giurtelecu Șimleului, Romania, and in Plainfield Illinois (1975–1982). Raţiu died on July 25, 2002, at his home in Plainfield Illinois, at the age of 86.
• Originally settled by a large community of Potawatomi Native Americans.
• Earliest Europeans in the area were French fur traders.
• Plainfield was called "Walkers' Grove" until it was platted as "Plainfield" in 1841.
• Plainfield is identified as the oldest community in Will County because the earliest settlement of Walkers' Grove was established on the banks of the DuPage River by 1828.
• Plainfield is the birthplace of Eddie Gardner, one of the pilots credited with establishing the transcontinental air mail routes for the United States Postal Service.
• Plainfield is located in Will & Kendall Counties.
Driving Directions From Plainfield To Last Chance Auto Repair’s Suspension Shop
Our office is conveniently located at 12052 S Naper Plainfield Rd, Plainfield, IL 60585.
Drive from Plainfield;
1. Head south on Quail Run Dr
2. Turn left onto Pheasant Chase Dr
3. Turn left onto Illinois Rte 59 N/N Division St
Continue to follow Illinois Rte 59 N
4. Turn right onto W 135th St/Pilcher Rd
5. Turn left onto Naperville Rd
6. Destination will be on the left