Catalytic Converter Replacement Near Me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland
Need a catalytic converter replaced near me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland or nearby suburbs?
Are you due for a catalytic converter replacement service? Are you having catalytic converter problems? Have you been failing your emissions test due to faulty catalytic converter? Don’t worry we are the local catalytic converter expert near you.
Catalytic Converter Shop Near Me
Vehicles these days are typically all equipped with cats aka catalytic converters, which help control the emissions gasses that are emitted by a vehicles combustion engine. The main duty of a catalytic converter is to convert harmful pollutants into less harmful emissions like water, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, which are much healthier for the environment.
Are you having catalytic converter problems? Improperly functioning catalytic converters are no good for the environment, your fuel economy and is typically a sign of an ongoing issue which can over time turn into a costly repair service.
#1 Catalytic Converter Replacement Shop Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Near Me
Ron Is Awesome
Catalytic Converter Problems
• Is your check engine light flashing?
• Lack of properly tuning up your vehicle.
• Faulty spark plugs and or ignition cables.
• Oxygen sensor not functioning properly.
• Fuel getting into your exhaust system.
• Oil or antifreeze entering exhaust.
• Faulty exhaust components.
Catalytic converter problems typically are created by not properly maintaining a vehicle. Vehicles suffering from a lack of maintenance are more likely to suffer from incorrect air/fuel mixtures, misfiring spark plugs, incorrect timing. All of these issues can and will over time cause a catalytic converter problem. Due for service?
Wondering how catalytic converter problems start or what typically destroys a catalytic converter? Either way you want to make sure your catalytic converter(s) stays healthy. Here is a little list of catalytic converter enemies that should be avoided at all costs.
The most common reason that our team of catalytic converter/exhaust experts over at Last Chance Auto Repair replaces catalytic converters is hands down due to spark plugs that don’t fire or misfires which in return causes un-burned fuel to enter the exhaust system. This un-burned fuel builds up and then ignites inside the converter, which typically results in a partial or complete melt down of the catalyst material.
Symptoms Of A Bad Catalytic Converter
- Engine Misfiring. A misfiring engine is a top culprit in the catalytic converter replacement world. If everyone’s engines purred like kittens and never growled like an angry misfiring lion, catalytic converter sales would plummet by a minimum of 50%. Converter(s) can and will deteriorate, overheat, melt and eventually fail when an engine misfires due to excessive amounts of un-burned fuel caused by a misfiring spark plug. But remember there is more to the ignition system than just the sparks plugs.
- Loss of Power When Accelerating. There are many reasons why your vehicle may be losing power while accelerating and one of those many reasons includes the infamous clogging/clogged catalytic converter. This is one situation that is often confused, overlooked & misdiagnosed which in a lot of cases includes a larger than normal repair bill due to everything that was changed in the attempt to solve the problem. But then again catalytic converters don’t just magically clog, they clog for a reason which in return is typically due to overdue maintenance items.
- Reduced/Degraded Performance. Is your vehicle suffering from a performance problem? One of the 1st common symptoms related to a bad or failing catalytic converter is a loss of performance, a sluggish feeling, when you hit the gas and you just don’t go like you used to effect. Does your engine bog out when accelerating.
Have you been noticing a sulfur smell or a decrease in fuel economy? Did you fail an emissions test or is your check engine light on and or flashing? Are you suffering from a noticeable lack of acceleration/power or is your vehicle hard to start and or it cranks but won’t start? These are all the tell-tale-signs that it may be time for a catalytic converter replacement Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois. It might be a good time to schedule an appointment over at Last Chance Auto Repair.
Catalytic Converter Service Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois
What does a Catalytic Converter job cost you wonder? Well, if your catalytic converter isn’t covered under some kind of warranty a repair, service, and or replacement can get very costly. To make sure your getting the most life out of your catalytic converter you should follow a few simple steps. Which most importantly includes keeping up on the maintenance as stated by your vehicle’s manufacturer, hence preventative maintenance.
- Your check engine light turns on for a reason. When your check engine light is on it typically means that something is not operating properly. Should the check engine light start flashing, that is an indicator that something is malfunctioning that could potentially cause damage to your costly catalytic converter. Did you know that if your check engine light is on, our team (Last Chance Auto Repair) will check it out for free?
- Preventative maintenance is done for a reason. An engine that is running properly will help make sure you get the most out of your catalytic converter. They don’t call it preventative maintenance for nothing. Do you have any questions about your maintenance schedule? Our team at Last Chance Auto Repair is always here for you. Stop by will explain to you (or print out) what you may need and or be due for to help ensure that your catalytic converter lives a long healthy life.
What Is A Catalytic Converter?
A catalytic converter is an important part of your car’s emission control or catalyst exhaust system. Catalytic converter repair happens to be one of our many services we specialize in. Did you fail your emissions test due to a bad converter? Our team has you covered!
Hot exhaust gases exit your engine then head through your exhaust system to your catalytic converter. Inside this expanded tube is a massive network or ceramic honeycomb. This ceramic checkpoint has been coated with compounds that react with the exhaust to eliminate certain harmful emissions. A catalytic converter works by using heat, combined with catalyzing agents, to create a chemical process that changes hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) into carbon dioxide and water. One of the most common causes in emission test failures is a failed catalytic converter. P0420 & P0430 sound familiar?
A catalytic converter “cat” is a device used to convert toxic exhaust emission gases from an internal auto combustion engine into non-toxic substances. The catalytic converter is a key component to helping protect the environment from green house gases.
The catalyst inside the converter itself most often consists of a combination of precious metals. Hence the price of the proper part on your bill. You must always be careful of the cheap universal where in 9 out of 10 cases does not consist of the proper catalyst precious metal content. Do you know how much it costs to replace a catalytic converter? We’re here for all of your catalytic converter needs. Give our team at Last Chance Auto Repair a call if you have any questions and or to schedule your catalytic converter service.
Types Of Catalytic Converters
- Two Way Converter – A two-way converter has 2 major functions, convert carbon monoxide by oxidizing it into carbon dioxide, while oxidizing un-burnt hydrocarbons (un-burnt & partially burnt fuel) into carbon dioxide & water, which is known as a combustion reaction. The two-way converter is commonly found on diesel engines but can’t control nitrogen oxides, hence make way for the three-way catalytic converter.
- Three Way Converter – A three-way converter has three important functions, like a two-way it oxidizes carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide then also oxidizes un-burnt hydrocarbons into carbon dioxide and water hence which are more environmentally friendly. Now it also addresses the problem of nitrogen oxides, and reduces the nitrogen oxides to nitrogen and oxygen. To much nitrogen oxide problem solved.
- Three Way Converter + Air – A three-way + air catalytic converter performs the same functions as a three-way converter but has secondary air pumped into the middle of the converter between two separate catalyst coated ceramic substrates. The addition of air improves the oxidation capabilities of the converter performance.
Catalytic Converter Recycling | Get Paid | Top Prices
Looking for a place to recycle some old catalytic converters Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland? Do you have some old catalytic converters laying around and not sure what to do with them? Want some extra money in your pocket to help keep you warm at night? Don’t throw them away, get paid today!
Bring them on over to Last Chance Auto Repair and will give you some cash, money, greenbacks, dollar bills, cold hard cash, ready money, paper, funds, finances, lucre, banknotes, notes, coins, change, coinage, currency, legal tender, dough, bread, loot, the ready, readies, shekels, moolah, the necessary, wad, boodle, dibs, gravy, scratch, good, folding money, simoleons, bucks, mazuma, green, etc.
Catalytic Converter Replacement In Plainfield, IL
Have you not been to our auto repair aka catalytic converter replacement shop yet? No worries, the above Google Map will help show you the way to the #1, best, cost effective, local catalytic converter replacement solution near me. Simply click the directions link above and you will be heading in the right direction soon enough.
Please, give us a call at 815-577-0327 before you leave to schedule an appointment and confirm a time that works best for all of us. Due to our top-notch quality, superior customer service & competitively priced catalytic converter replacement services, sometimes there is no room to park. Regardless, when scheduled accordingly we have you covered.