Auto Air Conditioning A/C Repair, Service, Recharge
Having air conditioning problems? Did you use to feel cooler back in the day Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois or beyond?
Suffer no more, we can help you get that cool feeling back. From A/C repair, recharge, to service, we have all your domestic & foreign vehicle A/C needs covered A-Z.
Automotive A/C Repair Near Me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Oswego, Chicagoland
Are you and your vehicle suffering from no A/C aka air conditioning-itis? Has your A/C system been checked lately? Last Chance Auto Repair is the local automotive A/C expert that has all your air conditioning recharge, inspection, service, repair needs covered domestic & foreign vehicles A-Z. How can we help you? Call now to make an appointment.
Is your vehicle’s A/C working properly? Probably not if your reading this. When your vehicle is having air conditioning (A/C) problems in, near, Plainfield or any nearby suburbs, I’m sure you want it fixed ASAP. Who you gonna call? Print out our free A/C inspection coupon, give us a call to schedule an appointment, so you can feel cool like you use to.
We are the local auto air conditioning specialist. We’ve been offering our air conditioning expertise & knowledge to Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland & beyond since 1978. From a simple recharge (Freon refill) to replacing a compressor, dryer, condenser, or evaporator coil, we have you covered. Last Chance Auto Repair offers complete auto air conditioning repair & installation solutions for all your vehicle’s air conditioning service needs.
Car Air Conditioning A/C Repair, Service, Recharge, In, Near, Around, Plainfield, Illinois, Near Me
Does your car, van, SUV, truck, classic vehicle, need the air conditioning system repaired, serviced, recharged or customized? We are the local A/C expert for a reason. We know A/C systems like the backs of our hands. Is your A/C broke aka not working? Do you need someone to troubleshoot your A/C problem? Don’t sweat it, call the local pro, Last Chance Auto Repair.
If your car air conditioner isn’t working let us show you how and why we’ve became the local A/C diagnostic expert, the go-to air conditioning shop, THE #1 choice near you. Looking for an A/C system expert that you can trust & afford? Leave all of your auto A/C repair needs to the experts over at Plainfield’s Last Chance Auto Repair. Sweat no more, stay cool and comfortable by calling our team now, later, 24-7, we have you covered!
Auto A/C Repair, Recharge, Service, Near Me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL
Car Air Conditioning System Service
Wondering what your vehicle’s A/C system consists of? Today, most automotive A/C systems consist of 5 major components. These 5 (parts) are the evaporator (EVAP core), A/C compressor, condenser, and two other items, either a receiver/drier and expansion valve (also called a thermal, or thermostatic expansion valve), or an accumulator and orifice tube. Which two of these four last items depends on the type of A/C system your vehicle is equipped with.
A/C Compressor – Why do A/C compressors get replaced? Well, they leak (number one issue), compressor clutch electrically fails and mechanical failures are the major culprits of this issue. When there is an issue you want to rectify it ASAP. The longer you wait, the more costly repairs will get. Need a compressor replaced?
A/C Condenser – Why do condensers have issues? Your condenser collects contaminants and oil out of the refrigerant (freon) from the compressor by means of your vehicles expansion valve. If your condenser is dirty (clogged), flushing moves sludge through the system. If done improperly this will damage components and make the bill go up. Need an A/C condenser replaced near me?
A/C Evaporator – What causes evaporator (EVAP) core problems? Your evaporator coil is an important part of your A/C system. It is basically a miniaturized radiator that sits inside the dashboard that provides the cold air needed for the air-conditioning system. Moisture can develop on the outer fins which in some cases can cause mold & mildew to form which is not good. Sometimes this can creates a clogging effect which clogs your drain tube. It’s good practice to turn the A/C system off before you park, to help dry the moisture. Need an evaporator replaced?
A/C Drier – Also known as an A/C accumulator. A/C driers are used to absorb water and avoid the A/C compressor from seeing catastrophic contaminants. Moisture is enemy #1 for your A/C system. Moisture in a system mixes with refrigerant and forms a corrosive acid. If their is sign of moisture in the A/C system you should change the accumulator or drier before it’s to late. Need an A/C service shop near me?
Car, Van, SUV, Auto, Truck, Air Conditioning A/C Repair, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL
Having air conditioning problems near me, near you, Planfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland Illinois?
Routine maintenance is key to keeping your A/C system and components in tip top working condition. When is the last time you had your air conditioning system inspected? Call our team now to schedule a free A/C inspection, you read it right, free!
Last Chance Auto Repair specializes on making A/C systems last. From fixing no air coming out of vent situations. To air conditioners blowing warm/hot air. To the infamous evaporator (EVAP) core replacement. Or maybe your experiencing a moldy or gas smell whenever you use your blower-fan. Our team is here for all your car, van, SUV, truck, automotive air conditioning needs for domestic & foreign vehicles A-Z. How may we help you?
What Is Included With Our Free & Paid A/C Inspection(s)?
- Our team will visually inspect all of your vehicles A/C components including: evaporator (EVAP core), A/C compressor, condenser, receiver/drier and expansion valve (also called a thermal, thermostatic expansion valve), accumulator and orifice tube, air conditioning control panel, vent doors & vents, actuators, etc. (Free & Paid)
- Our team will run a performance test. This test is done by placing a thermometer into one of your vents and checking the output temperature reading. (Free)
- Our team performs a system state of charge test also know as a quick pressure test. This test is done by simply connecting one of our A/C manifold gauge testing tools to your vehicle’s low and high-side pressure fittings after reassuring that both the low and high-side valves on the manifold gauge set are fully closed.
We then start your engine and run your vehicle’s A/C system with all control settings set at maximum levels. We then open the valves on the manifold set. Check the low & high pressures on the dials. Then compare readings to the normal range of operating pressures and then determine the state of charge of your vehicle’s air conditioning system. (Free)
- Our team performs a system control test which includes making sure your controller works on all settings, temperatures, (blend) door actuator(s), etc. (Free)
- Now for the worse case scenario hence when you need to pay to have your vehicle’s A/C system diagnosed. In some cases our team performs a leak test using an approved electronic leak detector and or in other cases our team may need to preform a smoke test. We are the local A/C specialist near you.
Is your vehicle’s A/C system leaking? Usually when your vehicle is leaking something, there is a sign of the leak before a problem occurs. Now when Freon leaks (refrigerant, gas) it turns into a gas which is colorless and odorless. Unfortunately these characteristics make it very difficult to see, smell or hear. Hence we are the Planfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL, automotive air conditioning system expert for a reason. Leave it to the professional’s aka our team over at Plainfield’s Last Chance Auto Repair is always here for you. (Paid)
Automotive Air Conditioning A/C Recharge, Recharging, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL
Does your A/C system need to be charged? If you’re in need of a car A/C recharge service, look no further than Last Chance Auto Repair.
Wondering what an A/C recharge service consists of? We purge aka evacuate the air conditioning system of old Freon and then recharge the system with new fresh Freon, simply said in Layman’s terms. Then we inspect the the vehicle’s A/C system pressures, output temperature, & controls to make sure everything is working properly.
Tired of the hot air blowing in your face? Wondering what local automotive repair shops offer an A/C recharge service? Call Plainfield’s best automotive repair shop, Last Chance Auto Repair now to make an appointment, will help keep you cool as an ice cube on those hot summer days.
Best Auto Air Conditioning Repair, Recharge, Service Near Me, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville
Direct & Honest
There are several reasons your vehicle’s A/C system can lose its cooling powers. Bring your vehicle to us at the first sign of an issue, it could mean the difference between needing a small (cheap & easy) repair, or worse, a larger (time consuming & expensive) one.
List of common automotive air conditioning problems.
- The most likely cause of an automotive air conditioner cooling problem is no refrigerant (Freon) in your A/C system and or a lack of. A lack of Freon in some vehicles will make the air conditioning compressor not to turn on due to a low pressure safety switch. This protects your expensive air conditioning compressor from possible damage caused by a lack of lubrication. Wondering what’s going on?
- Compressor failure problems are also a common issue that we see on a regular basis. Typically due to a loss of lubrication, which in turn can be caused by low refrigerant due to a leak in your system, or a blockage in the orifice tube. Which will effect refrigerant and oil from circulating to the compressor correctly. Looking for an auto A/C shop near me, Planfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, that you can trust?
- Built up moisture in a vehicle’s A/C system can create ice which will over time block the orifice tube. Which in return will cause a restriction that stops the Freon and oil (pag oil) from flowing through your A/C system. Where in most cases this air contamination is due to a leak in the system that should be rectified. Where if not rectified will snowball and only cost you more money to resolve later down the road.
Your air conditioning system consists of quite a few components. When a problem occurs there is many possibilities of what the issue may be. Other common A/C system problems include: o-rings, seals & hoses, compressors & compressor clutches, evaporators & condensers, driers, receivers & accumulators, switches, controllers, modules & relays, blower motors & resistors. Regardless we have you and your A/C needs covered, near me, A-Z.