Radiator Repair, Replacement & Service Shop Near Me
Looking for a radiator repair shop Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville Illinois, near me? Are you having radiator problems, need a radiator replacement or simply need your radiator serviced? Your search is over, we are the local radiator expert that has you covered, all makes & models, domestic & foreign, vehicles A-Z.
“What is a radiator all about?” Your vehicle’s radiator is a crucial part of the cooling system typically found in the engine compartment under the hood. A radiator is constructed from thin walled tubes, metal fins and a metal or plastic housing. Used for cooling & circulating water, you can find them in most vehicles that are on the road today. Your radiator acts as a type of heat ex-changer. It’s designed to transfer heat from your hot coolant that flows through it into air that is blown through it by the cooling fan.
Radiator Repair Plainfield, Naperville Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL
An overheating vehicle puts you and your investment at risk. Furthermore, a vehicle that is overheating due to a radiator leak just isn’t worth risking the drive. Damaging your engine, can equal an amazingly expensive repair bill. Which of course could have been prevented if you had fixed the leaky radiator instead of filling it up every couple of days.
Without a properly working radiator your vehicle will overheat. If you have been noticing coolant on your driveway, something is leaking. It could mean that it’s time for a radiator replacement, a new water pump, thermostat gasket, hoses and or sometimes a hose clamp just needs to be tightened up. Regardless our radiator repair shop near me aka you has you and all your radiator service needs covered.
Best Radiator Repair Shop Near Me
#1 In Chicagoland
Radiator Replacement In Plainfield, IL, You Can Count On
Typically radiators are made of a combination of materials including: plastic, copper & aluminium. Your radiator is used to help cool your vehicle’s engine. Hence the importance for your radiator to function properly. Overtime radiators wear out one way or another. But the better you take care of them, the longer they will last, the better they will take care of your cooling system. Cooling system (radiator included) maintenance is the key factor. Typically known as a radiator flush and or engine coolant drain and fill service.
There are many reasons that a radiator can go bad and or not function properly. If you’re having radiator issues or if it isn’t working correctly, it needs to be dealt with, looked at, rectified ASAP, by a pro, like the professionals at Last Chance Auto Repair.
Common Radiator/Cooling System Problems
- A failed thermostat. When it comes to vehicles overheating the #1 culprit that we see at our shop is a failed thermostat. Thermostats aren’t a part of the radiator, but a essential part of the cooling system. It is a type of valve that controls how much coolant flows in and out of your vehicle’s radiator. Which in return helps keep the engine at it’s ideal operating temperature. Need your thermostat replaced near me?
- Leaky radiator hose(s). Have you been noticing coolant leaking from your vehicle? What leaks more a radiator or radiator hoses you wonder? If you guessed the radiator you are wrong. Out of these 2 components of the cooling system the most common leak we see isn’t the radiator surprisingly enough, but the radiator hoses. The hoses are what connects the radiator to the engine and allows coolant to flow between the two. Radiator hoses in the service industry are considered to be a wear & tear parts, which means that they need to be replaced periodically as preventative maintenance. Do you need some hoses replaced?
- Air in the cooling system. A car’s cooling system has to be closed and pressurized in order to function properly. Air in the cooling system can be due to just about anything within the system failing. Sometimes it is as simple as changing the failed radiator cap, however, it isn’t always that easy of a resolution. Other possibilities include: a common probability is a hole or cracked radiator aka leaky radiator, blown head gasket, leaking radiator hose(s), leaking heater control valve, and or it could mean that the the cooling system needs a heater core replacement service.
No worries, our radiator repair shop / team can preform a quick and easy coolant system pressure test that will typically pin point what the issue is with the quickness. Then we will quote the job and with your approval schedule it and or get on it accordingly ASAP.
- Failed water pump. Maybe your water pump is failing, failed, or even leaking? No worries our radiator repair shop has you covered. If the water pump isn’t working right, it will not circulate coolant through the engine block and other cooling system parts as needed. This will result in an overheating state of affairs and if not fixed swiftly, can cause engine damage like cracked cylinder heads, block, and or blown head gaskets. These problems can result in you needing a towing service to our radiator repair shop near me.
How do I know if my water pump is failing? Has your vehicle been overheating, leaking coolant, does the water pump have corrosion on it or have you been noticing a whining noises? Your water pump may be failing and or has failed. Give our coolant system experts aka radiator repair shop a call now to schedule an appointment and or contact us through email if you prefer.
- Restriction in cooling system. A restricted cooling system is another reason you may end up over at our radiator repair shop near me. In most cases the restriction is in the radiator and or heater core. Over at our radiator repair shop this issue can be typically easily resolved with one of our cooling system flushes. Our cooling system flush service includes a powerful concentrated cleaning agent that is designed to eliminate all of the built us residue that has grown overtime causing the restriction within your cooling system without damaging any of it’s components. Need to schedule a radiator flush?
- Faulty radiator/cooling fan. Is your fan not turning on? Cooling fan motors fail overtime, unfortunately, but fortunately it’s a pretty quick & easy fix. Faulty fans include all the symptoms above but may also include poor A/C performance, a whirring noise, fan(s) not turning on and or fans that continuously run even after you have turned off your vehicle. Sounds like our radiator repair shop may be what the doctor ordered. In need of a radiator/cooling fan replacement? Call our team today!
Radiator Replacement, Yourself
Last Chance Auto Repair specializes in radiator installation, radiator replacement & radiator repair services. our radiator repair shop handles radiator services from a-z. Proper radiator maintenance is very crucial to keeping your car engine running at peak performance and for avoiding costly engine damage due to an overheating issue.
Thinking about trying to replace your radiator yourself? If you are going to attempt to change your radiator yourself, be careful! Don’t attempt this job while your vehicles engine is hot. Keep Antifreeze away from pets and children. Not much of a radiator mechanic? Leave it to the local Planfield radiator expert, Last Chance Auto Repair.
Ethylene glycol is poisonous and it smells sweet so it is and can be very enticing to some. Make sure to have the proper tools ready to go. Sometimes the basics are all you need. Basic tools you may need are wrenches, large containers, drain pans, pliers, screwdrivers. The tools are used for hose clamps, funneling for adding fluid, penetrating oil, etc.
Radiator Repair In Plainfield, IL, Near Me
Is your vehicle overheating? Call the local radiator expert near you today at 815-577-0327 now, we have you covered.
Suffering from some kind of radiator woes? We are the local, cost effective, radiator service solution near you. Call our professional radiator shop aka team Last Chance Auto Repair now to schedule an appointment before it’s to late.