Vehicle Diagnostics Service Near Me
Is your check engine light on near me, near you, Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL? Need an auto computer diagnostics service that you can trust & afford? What trouble codes (DTC’s) are troubling your vehicle?
Having car problems and need your vehicle diagnosed? Looking for an auto repair shop that specializes on vehicle diagnostics? Last Chance Auto Repair is the local vehicle diagnostics expert and has all your diagnostic needs covered domestic & foreign A-Z.
Check Engine Light & Computer Diagnostics Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Chicagoland
Why is your check engine light on? What is wrong with your vehicle? Is there an issue with your engine, transmission, transfer case, differential, drivetrain or powertrain? Maybe there is a problem with your fuel, emissions, brake, cooling, exhaust, suspension, steering, air conditioning & heating, computer system? Don’t worry, we diagnose all mechanical & electrical issues plus we service all makes & models. Our state-of-the-art equipment mixed with our highly trained mechanics and our over 200 years of experience gives us the ability to diagnose just about anything. Call our team now to make an appointment!
Did you know typically with any repair our diagnostic service is included free of any charges. Now don’t get me wrong all of our diagnostic services aren’t free. Hence electrical nightmares that take hours to diagnose, combustion chamber gas analyzation test that helps determine if you have a faulty head gasket(s) or cracked block, plus things of that nature we do charge for accordingly but at a more than cost effective price.
Get Your Vehicle Diagnosed Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Illinois At Last Chance Auto Repair
Will scan your computer for free of any charges, breakdown the issue or issues for you and then schedule everything accordingly.
Today’s vehicles have complex inter-related systems (on-board computers) that continuously monitor & store information concerning the performance of these systems. A warning light comes on because the computer has sensed a signal from one of the many systems or components that has gone outside of its normal operating specifications.
So many different warning lights that come on for so many different reasons these days. Do you know what your light means and why it is on? Stop by will check it out in most cases for free of any charge. Get a car diagnostic test near you, near me.
When it comes to paying for diagnostics it’s usually handled at an hourly or procedural rate that is specific to the issue at hand at most local automotive repair shops near me. We typically include most basic diagnostics for free of any charges with any paid service. We also offer a 100% free vehicle diagnostic code scan for 1996-present vehicles.
Top 5 Reasons Your Check Engine Light Is On
• Damaged, loose, or missing gas cap. Gas caps wear out over time and need to be replaced accordingly. Does your gas cap not quite tighten (click, click, click) like it use to? Do you smell gas? Is your Check Engine Light on? The gas cap plays an important role in the operation of the vehicle’s EVAP (Evaporative Emission Control) system. It helps capture and reuse fuel vapors from the gas tank that would otherwise be released into the atmosphere. A sealed fuel system requires a properly working gas cap. When the tank is open to the environment, your engine’s emissions can increase and fuel economy can decrease.
• Faulty, inoperative, damaged oxygen sensors. Oxygen sensors on most modern day vehicles need to be replaced between 85,000-110,000 miles. The most common signs that pinpoint a faulty oxygen sensor include: Check Engine Light comes on, poor gas mileage & a rough idle. The PCM (computer) uses the oxygen sensors to help calculate the correct air to fuel ratio for your engine hence the importance of properly working O2 sensors.
• Bad, damaged (melted), faulty catalytic converter(s). Is your vehicle misfiring, suffering from reduced performance (like it doesn’t accelerate when you step on the gas), experiencing reduced fuel economy, running at a higher temperature, is your Check Engine Light on? These could all be signs of a failing or failed catalytic converter(s). Your catalytic converter helps protect our environment by converting harmful carbon monoxide gasses into carbon dioxide gasses hence the importance of properly functioning catalytic converters.
Are you looking for a shop that offers catalytic converter replacement near me or maybe a local repair shop that knows how to properly diagnose a catalytic converter problem? Plainfield-Naperville’s Team Last Chance Auto Repair has you covered.
• Dirty, unplugged, faulty mass air flow sensor. Are you experiencing reduced performance, poor fuel economy and or is your Check Engine Light on? This can mean your having a mass air flow sensor problem. Faulty mass air flow sensors can damage spark plugs, O2 sensors and or the nearly infamous, costly, catalytic converter(s). Your mass airflow sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine to determine how much fuel is needed to run your engine efficiently hence the importance of a properly functioning mass air flow sensor.
• Vehicle in need of a tune up (plugs & wires). Does your vehicle need a tune up? Has your vehicle been experiencing poor performance, reduced power or reduced fuel economy? Is your vehicle’s engine misfiring or Check Engine Light on? Your spark plugs ignite the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber in your vehicle’s engine. The spark plug wires (ignition cables) deliver the spark from the ignition coil to the spark plugs. These components are supposed to be changed accordingly based off of your vehicle’s maintenance schedule aka mileage. Are you due for a tune up? Last Chance Auto Repair has you covered.
Vehicles We Diagnose For Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Oswego, Chicago Suburbs, Chicagoland
We diagnose them all including domestic vehicles such as: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, Chrysler, Corvette, Dodge, Ford, GM, GMC, Hummer, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, & Saturn to name a few. We also diagnose foreign vehicles including: Acura, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, KIA, Land Rover, Lexus, Nissan, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mini Cooper, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Smart, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volvo, Volkswagen a.k.a. VW, etc.
Best Vehicle Diagnostic Service Near Me
When it comes to diagnosing vehicles if you want the best you need to call the best. We are the best at what we do in the most cost effective & timely manner in the local area, near me, near you, domestic & foreign A-Z. How can we help you? Call today!