Differential Repair Rebuild Shop
Your vehicles differential takes power (torque) created by your engine then transmits it to the drive axle(s), which makes your wheels rotate. When making turns, your differential allows the outside wheel to rotate faster than the inside wheel where at different speeds helps your automobile improve traction also extending tire life, helping fuel economy plus making your vehicle safer to drive. Hence importance behind proper differential maintenance which is required on all differentials. Where it also will help extend axle life.
Differential Repair Plainfield Naperville Bolingbrook IL
Differential Wear Or Failure Symptoms Include
* Clunking heard when you accelerate or shift between drive and reverse
* High pitched howling or humming type of noise on acceleration
* A dragging sound when coasting down the road
* An abnormal noise when turning corners
Differential Rebuild Plainfield Naperville Bolingbrook IL
What Consists Of A Differential Assembly?
List of parts included in a differential.
1. Axle housing 2. Cover 3. Axle shafts 4. Axle bearings 5. Carrier 6. Side bearings 7. Race 8. Side gear kit 9. Side washer 10. Gear kit 11. Washers 12. Shaft lock 13. Shaft pin 14. Pinion gear shaft 15. Ring & pinion 16. Inner pinion bearing 17. Inner pinion gear race 18. Outer pinion bearing race 19. Pinion bearing spacer 20. Outer pinion bearing 21. Pinion seal
Weather it’s your everyday driver, race only application or heavy duty truck differential system, over at Last Chance we have you covered. Do you have a differential question that requires an answer? Give us a call today, were always here for you!